Sunday 12 May 2013

15mm Warhammer 40K

How to test the 3D printer? I thought I'd try something that I was pretty sure would not work.

15mm Space Marines. This was not easy at all. but on the bright side they are small so I could make a lot of attempts in a shortish time. One takes about 6 minutes to print at 0.05mm layer height. Here are some failures:



and here's where I'm at now:


not bad, not great - definitely potential. I'm using a 0.35mm nozzle at the moment so I'll try and get a 0.2mm and see if I can do better. There's some other tweaking I need to do to the printer as well. Next: Tanks.


2 comments:

  1. I think that's really cool! I think a lot of problems I have with 40k would be solved if they went by to 4th ed and went to 15mm models. I'm glad to see someone doing this. I always wondered what they would look like. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks like it has some potential, I know very little about this tech, did you scan the larger figure, or design it in a programme? I have a long running 15mm 40k project, I have over a hundred posts on my my blog, I currently have blood angels, sisters of battle, Tau, Orcs, Death Korp of Krieg, and inquisitor forces in various stages of completion, and plan on many more, check them here.
    http://gunnerswargamming.blogspot.com.au/search/label/15mm%2040K

    ReplyDelete